Fox Entertainment president David Madden told reporters Wednesday that he had hoped to have an “X-Files” announcement to announce on Wednesday.
But alas, as Fox TV Group chairman/CEO Gary Newman told IndieWire later, a deal with stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, as well as executive producer Chris Carter, continues to be a logistic challenge for the network and sister studio 20th Century Fox TV.
As a result, Newman said he doesn’t expect the show to return during the upcoming 2017-18 TV season.
“My expectation is we will not have something next season,” he said. “It could be Fall 2018 or [Winter] 2019. It isn’t impossible that it couldn’t turn around and happen next year, but the clock is getting pretty tight. There’s no negativity, there’s no issues, I think they’d all like to do it. But it isn’t an easy decision for them. We »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News ItemsMichael Jackson (I)
- Paris Jackson Shares a Precious Throwback Snap of Her and Brother Blanket For His Birthday (From Popsugar. 21 February 2017, 9:24 PM, PST)
- Paris Jackson Wishes Little Brother Blanket a Happy Birthday with a Cute Throwback (From PEOPLE.com. 21 February 2017, 8:40 PM, PST)
- Paris Jackson Shares Heartwarming Message to Her ''Little Man'' and Brother Blanket on His 15th Birthday (From E! Online. 21 February 2017, 5:10 PM, PST)
Alec Baldwin (I)
- Louis C.K. is to get two comedy specials on Netflix (From The Hollywood News. 22 February 2017, 10:19 AM, PST)
- Jimmy Fallon Imagines a (Terrifying) World With a Donald Trump-Owned News Network (From Popsugar. 22 February 2017, 7:40 AM, PST)
- Tree Crashes Through Ireland Baldwin’s Driveway As Storm Rages Through California (From PEOPLE.com. 17 February 2017, 8:49 PM, PST)
- Croatian filmmakers protest against 'political influence and control' (From ScreenDaily. 22 February 2017, 3:38 AM, PST)
- Jamie Foxx Target of Racial Slur While Dining Inside Croatia Restaurant (From E! Online. 21 February 2017, 7:59 PM, PST)
- Jamie Foxx Insulted By Racist Slur In Croatian Restaurant (From ET Canada. 21 February 2017, 7:06 PM, PST)